header imagesub-frame


What are the hours of operation at City Hall?

7:30am to 4:30pm Monday thru Friday.
The City of Gallatin will be closed in observance of the following holidays.

  • New Year’s Day
  • Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
  • Good Friday
  • Memorial Day
  • Independence Day
  • Labor Day
  • Thanksgiving
  • The Day After Thanksgiving
  • Christmas Eve
  • Christmas Day


How do I get a city trash container?

You need to go to the City Recorders office and purchase it. The cost is $53.62 and we will deliver it.

What about brush pick up?

Brush pick up is handled automatically. You do not need to call and schedule. You should place your brush as close to the street as possible so as not to protrude into the street. DO NOT PLACE BRUSH IN DRAINAGE DITCHES. Brush will usually be picked up within one to three weeks.

What will the City of Gallatin not pick up?

We will not pick up tires, hypodermic needles, rocks, dirt, concrete, any building materials, or any other type of hazardous material.

I have a large item that will not fit in my trash container. What should I do?

You can contact the Environmental Services Division and schedule a bulk/large item trash pick up for Friday of every week with the exception of weeks during which a City observed holiday falls.  The phone number for the Environmental services Division is (615) 451-5909.

Does the City offer recycling?

Yes, we have voluntary drop off stations located at our Public Works Office, 641 Long Hollow Pike.
You can also take recycling items to the Sumner County Resource Authority, 625 Rappahannock Wire Road, Gallatin. They do not have a website, but they welcome your call at 615-452-1114.

Can I pay cash for a Red Light Camera Ticket?

Cash is accepted on Camera Tickets in the City Recorder’s Office, Room 112 but you must present your bill to pay cash, this insures the correct amount and the correct citation is paid.

Who do I call if I have a question about paving or to report a pothole?

The City of Gallatin Street Department at 452-5062.

Is there anyone in the City who can help with a drainage problem on a City street?

Possibly. Often times the city steps in and addresses drainage issues on city streets and adjacent property. Please contact the Public Works Department at 451-5909.

Is there anyway that debris can be removed or cleaned from the road or roadside?

The city will always be available to remove debris from the road within the city limits. We often are able to address issues of unsightly right of ways or litter along roadsides by enlisting the aid of our highway beautification crew.

I feel that there is a visibility concern at a certain intersection. Can anything be done?

Citizens simply need to contact the Street Department at 452-5062 and report the concern and it can usually be addressed within the hour.

Is there anything that can be done about a cracked sidewalk or broken curb in front of my home?

Yes, If you live on a city street we are able to repair or replace cracked, broken or defective curbs and sidewalks if they are deemed to be a safety concern.

How do I find out about job openings?

Job openings are posted on our website on the Employment Opportunities page and in the Human Resources office, Room 101, City Hall, 132 W. Main St., Gallatin.

How do I apply for a position?

Interested persons must apply on-line on the Employment Opportunities page. Applicants may also come to City Hall at 132 W. Main Street and utilize the HR Department computers to apply.

May I apply for more than one position? Do I have to fill out a separate application?

You may apply for as many positions as you feel you are qualified for. A separate application does not have to be completed for each one. You may apply for additional openings using your PIN number provided at the beginning of the application process.

How long will you keep my application?

Applications are considered active for a period of 6 months.

How do I update my application or request to be considered for another position?

Applications may be updated or you may apply for additional positions by logging into your application using your PIN number provided during your application process.

May I apply for a position that is not currently open?

We only accept applications for advertised positions. However, interested persons may Register for email alerts on the Employment Opportunities page. Registered persons will receive an email notification when a position is advertised in their area(s) of interest.

Where do I pay my ticket?

That depends on who issued the ticket. If the Gallatin Police Department issued the ticket, you may pay your ticket at Gallatin City Hall in the Recorder’s Office (615-451-5893). Certain tickets may be paid online by clicking here. If you received a ticket for a Red Light violation, you may pay by mailing the fee to the address on the back of the citation or at the City Recorder’s Office if the ticket is not past due. All other traffic tickets are handled through the Sumner County General Sessions Court (615-452-4310).

What is the mailing address to the police department?

130 W. Franklin St., Gallatin, Tennessee 37066

How do I get a copy of my accident report?

Call the records department at 452-8267 to verify that the report has been completed and approved by a supervisor. Records personnel will advise you at that time of the cost of the report. After receipt of the fee, reports can be picked up in person, faxed or mailed. Most insurance companies will take care of obtaining a copy of your accident report for you.

Do I have to register my alarm? How do I register my alarm?

Yes, all business and residential alarms must be registered with the City. Registration is free and the form may be obtained here or in the City Recorder’s Office.

What is the phone number to the probation office?

  • State of Tennessee Probation and Parole 615-451-5808
  • General Session Probation 615-451-6046
  • P.S.I. 615-230-7618
  • Community Corrections 615-452-0024

What must I do to sign up for new service with GPU?

New customers must personally come to the office at 239 Hancock Street, complete applicable forms, and bring 2 forms of identification along with the connection fee.

Can I pay my electric bill at GPU?

Yes, if your account is not past due. We are not able to access information on electric accounts at our office.

Is there a fee to make payments online?

GPU does offer this service and there is no fee for paying online.

Does GPU provide Budget Billing Service? What are the requirements?

Yes, GPU does provide this service. In order to be eligible for this program you must be active on our system for at least thirteen (13) months at the address you are applying for budget service. The account must have a zero (0) balance and there shall be no late charges assessed to the account in the previous (12) months.

What are the Civic Center hours of operation?

Monday – Thursday 5am – 8pm; Friday 5am – 6pm; Saturday 6am – 6pm; Sunday 12pm – 6pm

What are the Civic Center pool area hours of operation?

Monday – Thursday 5am – 7:45pm; Friday 5am – 5:45pm; Saturday 8am – 5:30pm; Sunday 12pm – 5:30pm

What are the Civic Center membership rates?

Visit http://www.gallatinleisureservices.com/civic-center/fees/ for a full list of fees and other information, or call the Civic Center at (615)451-5911 to request more information.

What aerobic classes do you offer at the Civic Center and what are the times?

Because of the wide variety of classes, times, and instructors, we would normally offer to fax or mail you a list of class times. You may also visit our website for this information.

Do you have a public golf course?

Yes, Long Hollow Golf Course. Click here for more information: gallatinleisureservices.com/long-hollow-golf-course/

Do you have any parks?

We have some of the finest parks in the area. Triple Creek Park, Clearview Park, Municipal Park, Lock 4 Park and Thompson Park. Click here for more information: gallatinleisureservices.com/parks/